Sunday, September 9, 2007

God is Awesome

I don't get these moments of spiritual glee very often so I must address it now that I do. (Some series of events has turned me into an extremely practical/cynical, emotionally-mundane person -- still with the belief in God but not a lot of expression...boy, I'll have to devote an entire post just to that but anyway...)

I sat here and sort of thought about different events in life that have led to the extremely blessed person that I am today, and I realized that nothing or no one could have made all this happen, other than God Himself. As mentioned before, I have a wonderful apartment that I love. I also will be heading to a job on Monday that, despite my whining about not wanting to work in general, is by far my dream job. I am also living in Chicago, a city that I have absolutely loved ever since my frequent appearances with Leeza a few years ago. And I am about to be getting PAID.

I rewind my life back two years and think about where I was. Working at Ford, and I don't particularly love cars. In a position I didn't really like. Living with Mom --who I love dearly, but living with Moms is a bad idea. I knew I would get my MBA but was kind of indifferent as to where I would go and what I would do later.

Then somehow I get into CMU and I'm suddenly surrounded by geniuses and wonderful opportunities. I find out about consulting and aim for the longshot of getting a job with a firm. On a fluke (I seriously found out about Deloitte interviews the day before they came and had to be squeezed into the schedule) I get this great job. And here I am...

Who knows what happens next. My life at this point could absolutely suck and my dreams could be crushed. I do know that at this moment, however, I feel extremely blessed and high favored. It's like God has a favorite child, and I feel sorry for all you other siblings of the world that ain't got it like me :P

But really. I love it all. I love God. And I would be completely remiss in not giving Him the honor and praise he deserves for all He has given me.

1 comment:

Tam Sherese said...

Yes....I must say God is always looking out for our big heads. Whew!